In busy modern life Buddha has become a symbol of both inner and outer peace. But, what did Buddha actually teach? And, what can we learn from him so that we, too, can find a deep inner peace and contentment?
At this short morning course, Buddhist nun Kelsang Dana will explain the essential teachings of Buddha and why his timeless wisdom can help us find peace of mind in our busy modern times.
• Discover what it means to be a Buddhist
• Make positive changes to your life by practising Buddhist teachings
• Gain insight into the principle beliefs held by Buddhists including death and impermanence, past and future lives, karma and the ultimate nature of reality
• Discover why the ancient art of meditation is an indispensable tool for experiencing happiness and solving daily problems
• Learn how you can follow the same path to inner peace that Buddha followed
This course is a great introduction for those who are developing an interest in Buddhism or who want to increase their understanding of what Buddha taught. This course will include teachings on the topic, guided meditations and an opportunity for questions and answers.
The teacher of this class is Buddhist nun Kelsang Dana. Through her joyful and loving aspect, Dana is able to communicate the essential aspects of meditation and Buddhism in a way that makes people feel confident, uplifted and encouraged.
Details & Bookings
Kadampa World Peace Temple
693-695 South Dowling St
Fee & Bookings
$35 – includes light refreshments. Booking is essential.
Date & Time
Sunday 3 Jun · 10am–1pm
Doors Open 9.30am
There is no additional charge for Mahasiddha KMC Members. To learn more about membership click here.