- When you become a member of KMC Sydney you’re actively supporting the flourishing of Dharma in Greater Sydney and throughout the world.
- Not only are you helping Dharma flourish in the world, you’re also committing to your own spiritual growth – making a statement in your own life about the prominent role you want to give to Buddha’s teachings in your life.
- Becoming a supporting member of KMC Sydney is the most economical way to enjoy all our classes (in person or online), urban retreats, day courses and branch classes at no cost. If you attend the centre and/or branch classes regularly, your membership will represent a substantial savings over the pay-as-you-go option.
- Members are entitled to discounted admission to special events.
- While the Centre largely relies on membership fees to provide classes throughout the year, a significant portion of our profit is donated to the International Temples Fund. That means your money starts off at KMC Sydney but often has a global impact.
- Your membership fees also give you access to our three study programs. If you choose to commit to a study program such as Foundation Program or the Teacher Training Program, this cost is included in your membership.
- KMC Sydney members have the additional benefit of having access to our online classes. Click here to find out which classes are live-streamed.
- And, last of all, but certainly not least, when you become a member of KMC Sydney you simultaneously become part of our extended spiritual family. This all happens in the same moment! You can’t be a member of KMC Sydney and also a stranger to us. Welcome to our community!
Join Our Community
Join Our Community
If you live in Greater Sydney or certain areas of regional NSW, we invite you to become a supporting member of KMC Sydney.
Why Become a Member?
Choose your Membership
KMC Sydney Membership
$100 per month
All drop-in classes, half day courses, day courses, on-site guided retreats, empowerments, and discounted attendance to most off-site events.
KMC Sydney Benefactor Membership
$125 per month
28 Day Trial Membership
$100 for the trial
Membership of KMC Sydney is open to people who live within the catchment area. This includes local government areas included within Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains and Wollongong. It doesn’t not include postcodes within the Central Coast, Newcastle or Canberra areas as there are local centres in these regions.
Exceptions can be made for residents of NSW who are unable to attend their local centre due to distance or personal circumstances, but only if their closest centre does not provide live stream classes.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a membership exception.
Your membership does NOT include attendance to off-site special events (such as public talks with visiting teachers) and off-site retreats, however discounts apply to most of these events. Joint-Centre events (such as the annual Regional Event) are not included as part of your membership.
Booking is not required for any of our drop-in classes throughout Sydney. Simply let the class assistant know your name and that you’re a Centre Member, and fill in the sign-in sheet as usual.
Bookings are required for all courses and special events. Check the “Member Registration” section on the webpage of the particular event you’re interested in.
You can use your membership to attend classes and sign up for upcoming events right away, as soon as you register.
KMC Sydney is part of a global organisation and we have many Kadampa Centres throughout Australia and worldwide. Each of our Centres are independent registered not-for-profit organisations and/or charities so your membership only covers classes and courses directly affiliated and organised by KMC Sydney.
No. Membership benefits apply to one adult member only and are not transferable.
A minimum membership period of three months applies to all new members.
Note that a minimum sign-up period of three months applies to all members. If you wish to cancel your membership any time after the initial three month period, please send an email to email@example.com with two weeks of notice. Should you wish to re-start a centre membership any time after this, you will be required to sign up again for a minimum period of three months.
These classes are live-streamed to members at the following times*:
Mondays – 7:30pm to 9pm – Meditation & Buddhism classes (more info)
Wednesdays – 7:30pm to 9pm – Modern Buddhism classes (more info)
Tsog Pujas – Wishfulfilling Jewel, Offering to the Spiritual Guide, Kangso (view puja calendar)
Sunday Courses – for more information click here
*Please note: classes are broadcast live only – no catch up or recording is available. The video will auto start where the class is up to when you join, not at the beginning.
This short video explains how to access live-stream classes.
This short video explains how to reset your password.